Quail Unlimited has...
- Chapters invested $6,696,424 from local donations on chapter projects.
- Spent $7,247,590 on habitat improvement projects through chapters and partners.
- Was responsible for $23,307,704 in habitat expenditures through chapters, partners and value of seed distributed.
- Acquired 8,712,781 pounds of seed valued at $9,363,688 from major seed companies providing 660,864 acres of wildlife plantings.
- Planted 545,213 miles of wildlife food plots.
- Planted 20,281 acres of native warm season grass.
- Planted 331,624 pounds of lespedeza on 34,265 acres.
- Purchased 648,990 pounds of special food plot mixes planted on 52,622 acres.
- Invested $531,511 in support of state and federal agricultural conservation programs impacting over 82,703 acres.
- Planted 259,650 trees and shrubs.
- Conducted or funded prescribed burning on 183,839 acres.
- Purchased, rented or maintained 826 pieces of equipment for habitat development at a cost of $1,094,168.
- Developed or maintained 1,930 wildlife-watering sites.
- Sponsored 4,652 youth activities, projects, camps, etc.
- Reached 696,380 youth with activities such as habitat projects, hunter education, conservation programs, scholarships, school events, youth groups and nature centers.
- Sponsored 246 landowner/farmer events attended by 18,280 people.
- Manned 305 booths at fairs and shows attended by 1,812,953 people.
- Conducted 148 workshops attended by 12,599 participants.
- Sponsored 164 wildlife research projects.
- Conducted 693 wildlife surveys in cooperation with state and federal wildlife agencies.
- Improved 61,976 acres of habitat through conservation mowing, spraying, disking and woodland management.
- Purchased 616 tons of fertilizer for wildlife plantings.
- Planted 15,957 acres for dove fields and hosted 39 dove hunts (37 hunts for youth).
- Paid for 11,404 hours of contract labor.
- Provided 243,117 hours of volunteer time to QU projects.